Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Why Not a Coloring Book?

I recently purchased a coloring book "for kids of all ages" called Hidden Endangered Animals. It's a coloring book where the animals - in this case "endangered animals", but they've got similar coloring books strictly for birds, or for mammals, etc - are drawn to show off their camoflage capabilities.

The website to purchase these books are Mindware.com, or you can get them at Amazon.com and presumably BN.com.

I have no talent when it comes to drawing, or painting, but I like to draw and paint, so I've solved my problem by purchasing pre-drawn items, which I then color in. It's for my own amusement, and I dn't pretend that they are anything more than that. They are fun, and educational.

For example, in this coloring book, Hidden Endangered Animals, there are 12 pictures (repeated twice) of twelve animals. I have no idea how to color these animals, so that prompts me to go to Wikipedia to do some research. In addition to finding out the colors to use, I also stick around to read each animal's entry, and I learn stuff that I never knew before.





The animals:



Panda

Hawksbill Sea Turtle

Burrowing Owl

Grevy's Zebra

Green Checked Parrot

American Bison

Hairy-Eared Dwarf Lemur

Red Kite

Japanese dormouse

Hirola

Maned Three-Toed Sloth

Big Horn Sheep

No comments:

Post a Comment