Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Topper aims to be a space scientist

The Times of India: Topper aims to be a space scientist
KANPUR: The examination stress is a common symptom which can be seen in the eyes of students we are waiting for the results. But those born to win are always confident. Neha Dixit of BNSD Shiksha Niketan is a confident girl, who made her parents proud by securing 90.6 per cent marks and emerging as the topper in the city in this year's Intermediate examinations.

Like previous years, this year too girls outperformed the boys. The city topper is a boy but the number of girls passing this year is comparatively better. Talking to TOI, Neha expressed her gratitude for her teachers. She also gave credit to her parents and friends for her success.

"I believe that there is no shortcut to hard work and I am thankful to my parents, teachers and friends who stood by me in every up and down," said said.

Talking about her daily routine, Neha said: "I used to study for six to eight hours each day and gave time to relaxation as well."

Discussing about the other areas of interests, she said: "I love playing chess and reading books. I like watching TV but rarely got time to do so during the Board examinations."

Talking about her future objectives, Neha said: "I want to be a space scientist. I love reading books related to space technology."

When asked about the impact of reality TV shows and social networking sites on students, Neha said: "I don't have a Facebook account and I never felt any need for it. I do watch reality shows but only to get entertained as too much involvement would have affected my studies."

Neha said that she supports Baba Ram Dev and Anna Hazare and wants corruption to end.

The talented girl has also managed to crack the All India Engineering Entrance Examination. Neha now wants to prepare for IIT-JEE next year for realising her dreams of becoming a space scientist

No comments:

Post a Comment